© 2015 Miss Daphne

“Who Was” book series.

You were each assigned two books from the “Who Was” biography book series. You will be writing a book report about one of those books. I am curious as to which two books you chose. Would you consider this person(s) a hero? Why or why not?

24 Comments

1. Alessandro
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 3:12 pm | #

I choose to read about Rosa Parks because she stood up from black people. When she sat down in the front of the bus, where it was restricted for black people and reserved for white people only, the bus driver told her to get off the the bus and she refused. By doing so, she changed in the world.

2. jacob.v
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 3:15 pm | #

I chose to read about John F. Kennedy because he was my favourite president of United States I know he lived in United States, but he is a hero to me because he was nice and kind to people and he is the hero of mine.

3. Hailey
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 3:19 pm | #

I am Reading about king Tut, I dont think he is a hero because he is a king he did not do anything heroic, so I dont think he is a hero for me.

4. juliana
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 3:19 pm | #

I chose to read about Walt Disney. I think he is a hero because he showed that anything is possible and that dreams can come true. He has an incredible imagination and I was inspired of how he made his dream come true.

5. jacob.v
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 3:19 pm | #

I chose John F. Kennedy because he is my favourite president of United States I know he lives in United States but he is still my hero he is the best hero ever in my opinion

6. Robin
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 3:20 pm | #

I chose to read about Queen Victoria,she is not really my hero because I do not look up to her.

7. Nicolas
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 3:21 pm | #

I chose to write about Alexander Graham Bell. I think he is a hero because he taught deaf people to speak. Such people as Mabel Hubbard and Helen Keller and he never gave up on building a fully functional telephone!

8. Kyle
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 3:22 pm | #

I chose to read about Rosa Parks, I think she is a hero because she stood up to white people and gave the black people the right to vote.

9. Jacob
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 3:22 pm | #

I chose to read about Muhammed Ali. I believe that he is a hero because many people said that he couldn’t win the heavyweight championship when he was 20 years old. But he did it and that’s why I believe he’s is a hero.

10. Shealyn
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 4:52 pm | #

My first book was Hellen Keller, I think she was a hero because even though she lost her hearing, speech and sight she was a best selling author and could speak in her on way she would spell what she wanted to say in people’s hands and then the person would say what she spelled in there hand. My second book is Neil Armstrong. I think he was a hero because he worked hard to pursue his dream of becoming an astronaut and walking on the moon.

11. Evan
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 4:54 pm | #

I chose Dr. Seuss. I chose him because he’s a hero to me,he’s a hero to me because of his talent in art and because of his written creations like: The Cat In the Hat, The Grinch, Horton Hears a Who, One fish Two fish Red fish Blue fish, Green Eggs and Ham and many more. He is one of my favourite illustrators because his drawings are so creative and that’s the way I like to draw. He inspired me to be an artist like Jeff Smith (BONE) and Albert Uderzo (Asterix).

12. Michael
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 5:16 pm | #

I read about Houdini I think he is a hero because, he could escape fron chains.

13. Dylan
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 5:17 pm | #

I am reading about Barack Obama. He is a hero because hey was the first African-American president.

14. Matthew
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 5:56 pm | #

Charles Darwin is my hero because he discovered the theory of evolution. Charles Darwin loves the outdoors. If Charles Darwin was alive today he would be around 200 years old. Charles Darwin also found fossils.

15. Alex
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 5:59 pm | #

I read about Alexander Graham Bell I find he is a hero because,he invented the telephone which allows you to talk to someone without being in front of them.

16. Olivia
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 5:59 pm | #

I am reading about Milton Hershey. I think he is a hero because he gave chocolate to countries that didn’t have chocolate.

17. Joshua
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 6:02 pm | #

I chose to read about Jackie Robinson . I think he is a hero because he lived a tough life as a kid . Since he was black he was treated different then the other kids. But in sports he was killing it in track, football, baseball, soccer and basketball. He had to chose one sport and it was baseball. He went on to the MLB and was one of the greatest baseball players of all time.

18. Ryan
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 6:07 pm | #

I chose to read about Barack Obama I think he is a hero especially for the Africans, because he was the first African American president.

19. Brandon
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 6:13 pm | #

I chose to read about Marco Polo. I think he is a hero because he inspired me to travel to different places.

20. Nicholas
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 6:14 pm | #

I chose to read about Christopher Columbus. I think Christopher Columbus is a hero because he traveled far away from his land to find a new land for his people.

21. Jag
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 6:15 pm | #

I chose to read about The Beatles, I don’t think that they’re heroes because they’re just a rock and roll band, but this is my opinion. Other people may consider them heroes for their music.

22. Téa
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 6:22 pm | #

I chose Milton Hershey because he inspired me to follow my dreams.He was born in 1857,he died in 1945.If he was alive today he would be 148 years old.Later on he invented a Hershey’s kisses,he brought chocolate to America.

23. Brooke
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 6:22 pm | #

I chose to read about Albert Einstein. I think he’s a hero because he is a very inspiring person. He is also very passionate and I wish I could meet him.

24. Tyler
    Posted March 12, 2015 at 6:48 pm | #

I chose to read Neil Armstrong. I think he is a hero because he was the first person to walk on the moon.

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *

*
*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Skip to toolbar